The secret to lip smacking lip gloss are the flavor oils added to them. So you may ask, how to make flavored lip gloss?
Simply put, you heat up your lip gloss in the microwave until it melts. Once melted, you can start experimenting until you find a one of a kind formula. At Dolce Foglia, we suggest doing a drop at a time as these flavors are very concentrated and have a real robust profile.
Luckily, our flavors come with a glass dropper for ease of use and for the ability to experiment one drop at a time. There is definitely a floor and ceiling to the flavor amount used. If you use too much, the lip gloss will become runny and if you use too little, the flavor may not be very potent. It's a beautiful and tasty silver-line.
- Blood Orange
- Orange Creamsicle
All these flavors are edible oils, so they work and they work well. I highly suggest not using water soluble flavors as they aren't effective.
DIY Tutorial: How to make flavored lip gloss?
This recipe will require 10-12 tubs of gloss.
- 6 Oz. Versagel Pouch
- 4 tbs. Grapeseed oil
- 2 tbs. Coconut Oil
- 4-8 drops Dolce Watermelon, Cherry, Passionfruit or Lavender flavor
- Microwave safe glass bowl
- Metal spoon
- Add the 6 oz. of versagel into microwave-safe glass bowl
- Pour the 4 tbs. of grapeseed oil and 2 tbs. of coconut oil to create the base of the lip gloss
- Heat lip gloss base in the microwave on high for 20 seconds. Use baking gloves when taking out so you don't burn your hands.
- Stir to homogenize these oils
- Reheat for 20-30 seconds
- Add Dolce Flavors to bowl and stir until completely mixed.
- Use the syringe to extract the liquid and fill into the lip gloss tube. Squeeze until the gloss tube in filled.
- And done!