Learn this quick healthy dessert recipe for strawberry keto scones. To give you a word taste, these scones are non-dangerously delicious, with a moist texture and crumbly crust.
Sugar Free Glaze
Isn't even a scone if it doesn't have glaze? That answer is a resounds NO! That's why we came up with a sugar free glaze recipe that uses sugar-free sweetener and unsweetened almond milk. The secret ingredient to make it taste sweeter is is to add a few drops of stevia or monkfruit with Dolce Foglia Sexy Strawberry and Viva Vanilla. These flavors are carbohydrate free and sugar free.
Healthy Keto Dessert
This dessert is ideal for those are who gluten intolerant as the final keto scone product is gluten-free.
These ingredients are full of healthy fats and generous amounts of fiber that can be filling to say the least.
Lets take a look at the ingredients:
- 4.5 cups - Almond Flour
- 0.5 cups - Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp. - Baking Powder (Make certain it's gluten-free)
- 1/2 Tsp. - Sea Salt
- 3 Tablespoons - Erythritol
- Sugar Free Sweetener (Monk Fruit, Erythritol or Stevia)
- 1 Large Egg - If you're vegan, you can substitute for flax egg
- 2 Tablespoons - Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Tablespoons - Melted Coconut Oil - Also works well with butter
- 10 Drops - Dolce Foglia Sexy Strawberry
- 20 Drops - Dolce Foglia Viva Vanilla
Sugar Free Glaze
- 1 Cup - Sugar-Free Powdered Sweetener
- 3 Tablespoons - Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Drops - Stevia
- 2 Drops - Dolce Foglia Strawberry
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly oil the paper with coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together
- Add all the wet ingredients at room temperature
- Stir ingredients together for a few seconds
- Use your hands to knead/squeeze the dough to form a ball. This should take a minute or so.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of coconut flour on your bench-top to prevent sticking
- Place the dough ball on the bench-top, and add 1 teaspoon of coconut flour on the dough ball and then flatten into a thick disk shape.
- Cut the disk in 20 even triangles to make 20 scones
- Transfer each triangle onto the cookie sheet. Make sure to leave a half inch of space between each triangle so they do expand into each other
- Bake for 25-30 Minutes
- Cool down for 2 hours or so
- In a small mixing bowl, add powdered sugar free sweetener, unsweetened milk, strawberry and vanilla flavoring and stevia drops
- Whisk to form the glaze
- Once the scones have lowered in temperature, spread a tablespoon of icing on each scone and allow the icing to set in the fridge for 15 minutes
The total prep time for these Strawberry Keto Scones is roughly 15 minutes while the cook time is 25 minutes. For a total of 40 minutes. With the amount of ingredient we are using, we should yield about 20 scones with 1 scone per serving.
Net Carbs: 5.6g
Keto Breakfast Recipe
Checkout these recipes for an amazing keto breakfast recipe