Impress your friends with a sweet taste of summer by making the most delicious pineapple upside down cake with pineapple extract as the secret ingredient.
This recipe is easy to make and only takes about 2 hours of time to make 12 yummy pieces.
Ingredients For Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1/4 cup of butter
- cup packed brown sugar
- 9 pineapple wheels
- Half to a Full Teaspoon of Pineapple extract
- 5 Drops of Cherry Extract
- Half a Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 9 maraschino cherries (make sure to destem!)
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Set and Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan)
- Grab a 13x9-inch pan.
- Melt the 1/4 cup of butter in oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar.
- Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange remaining cherries around slices
- Press gently into brown sugar.
- Mix the pineapple extract with water to fill a full cup
- Make cake batter as directed on box
- Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 42 to 48 minutes (44 to 53 minutes for dark or nonstick pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake.
- Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan
- Turn plate and pan over.
- Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake; remove pan.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
380 Calories, 16g Total Fat, 3g Protein, 57g Total Carbohydrate, 41g Sugars