Welcome and thank you for taking this time to discover our step by step low carb keto banana bread recipe. The end results is delicious, rich and moist that is made with our banana flavor and no one can tell it's sugar free!
This step by step low carb keto banana bread recipe is a really fun dessert to share with friends who are on a diet that NEED to cheat. When you tell them it's sugar free, their heads may explode (so stand back)! Most can't tell the difference which is rather shocking that it took so long in history to get yummy food that doesn't gradually kill us. With low carb flours, sugar free sweeteners and Dolce Foglia banana flavoring, your insulin levels should be cool and calm. Simply mix up the almond flour banana bread batter, bake it, and then let it cool (truly, the hardest part!).
No matter the flavor, Dolce Foglia Flavors are 4-8 times stronger than our most flavors on the market, meaning they pack a potent and juicy punch in a variety of appetizing ways!
If you prefer a more portable dessert, try making these Keto blueberry muffins.
This keto-friendly banana bread utilizes a blend of high-quality low carb flours to perfect the bread density and moistness to taste like the real McCoy. It's up to your discretion to blend flours but in this recipe, it's necessary to get that texture for the true experience of a sugar-filled banana bread.The dry/wet ingredient ratio is key here because that’s what provides the texture we're looking for. Almond Flour and Coconut Flour are both finely milled and are designed to create great consistency.
We're utilizing sweetener to avoid the sugars but to imitate that sweet taste.
4 Reasons to love this keto banana bread recipe
- Yummy banana flavor, without the carbs and sugar!
- Texture is moist and cake-like
- Only15 minutes of prep
- Only 2 grams net carbs per slice - I had three (>.<) - only 6 grams net carbs, hehe.
- Almond Flour – Make sure you use a finely ground almond flour instead of almond meal, or it will change the texture of the bread.
- Coconut Flour– Made with premium organic coconuts with a super fine texture, this works best in baked goods.
- Spices & Leavening Agents – Including baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt for perfect flavor and bread-like feel.
- Xanthan Gum– This gives low carb and gluten-free baked goods a more traditional texture.
- Chopped Walnuts – adds great texture and flavor but not necessary. See below for other add-in options!
- Butter – Use grass-fed for best flavor and nutrition, but any unsalted butter at room temperature will work.
- Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – This is a great sweetener for keto quick breads like this one, not only because it imitates the sweetness of sugar but because it keeps them moist present.
- Eggs– Use large eggs and make sure they come to room temperature before using them in the recipe. If you forgot to do this, you can place them in warm water for a few minutes to come to room temperature faster.
- Almond Milk– Make sure it’s unsweetened. You can also use other keto milks, such as coconut milk beverage or watered-down heavy cream.
THE SECRET INGREDIENT:
So what’s the secret to this step by step keto banana bread recipe? I know you've noticed what have been unmentioned!
It’s keto banana flavoring!
This stuff is the bomb. You can make a truly low carb banana bread recipe and it tastes better than traditional bananas! It's bananas, I know 😜
Flavorings are the secret ingredient to make almost any high-sugar or high-carb food possible again on a low carb or keto diet.
HOW TO MAKE KETO BANANA BREAD, STEP BY STEP
- Mix dry ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and sea salt.
- Beat butter. In another large bowl, beat butter and monk fruit allulose blend until fluffy.
- Mix wet ingredients. Beat in the eggs one at a time, until smooth. Then, beat in the almond milk and banana flavor.
- Combine. With the mixer on medium, gradually add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until thick and uniform.
- Stir in nuts. If you’re adding walnuts, stir some in, reserving some more for the top.
- Transfer. Scoop the batter into a small loaf pan lined with parchment paper, including the sides. Smooth out the top. Sprinkle with more walnuts and press them lightly into the surface.
TIPS FOR PERFECTION
- Use fresh baking powder. For a good rising reaction, it's pertinent that you use fresh baking powder.
- Use xanthan gum. Add 1/2 teaspoon into the dry ingredients and your banana bread made with almond flour will have a better texture. This will help prevent crumbliness.
- Use room temperature ingredients. This will ensure a smooth batter and avoid clumping.
- Round the top. Shaping the batter by rounding the top is going to help your low carb banana bread recipe look more traditional since keto bread doesn't naturally rise.
- Consider covering it part way through baking. Keep an eye on your bread as it bakes. If the top of the bread begins to brown but the inside is still moist, you can tent the top with foil and then continue the cooking time.
- Time for cooling. Patience is a virtue here. In order for the bread to not fall apart, it's key to allow the bread to cool off.
- To store: It's possible to leave on the counter for 2-3 days and you can store it in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place the pieces in freezer bags and store.
- To thaw: Thaw on the counter or in the fridge overnight.
- To reheat: If you like warm banana bread, reheat gently in the microwave or the oven or airfryer.
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Banana Flavor – The secret ingredient
- Loaf Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Line an 8.5x4.5 in loaf pan with parchment paper, so that the paper hangs over two opposite sides.
- In a large bowl, place all dry mix ingredients together - almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthum gum, and sea salt.
In another bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter and sweetener, until fluffy quality is present.
- Beat the eggs, one by one to consistency, then add the almond milk and banana flavoring.
- Set the mixer at medium speed, and slowly but surely add the dry ingredient mix to the batch until it is totally uniform.
Transfer the batter into the lined loaf pan and press evenly to make a smooth top. Sprinkle the top with the remaining chopped walnuts and press them lightly into the surface.
Bake for roughly 35 minutes - keep an eye on the bread until the top is golden color. Cover the top with foil, then bake for additional 20 minutes. You'll know it has finished cooking with the toothpick test, insert a toothpick and when it comes out clean, it's good to go.
Cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
- Is Banana Bread Keto?
- Why you'll love this keto banana bread recipe
- Banana bread ingredients
- How to make keto banana bread
- Storage Tips
- Measured Instructions