The hardest thing about dieting or being keto is driving by the massive amounts of ice cream stores on every major street!
Luckily, keto ice cream has been invented and boy, is it delicious! Only 5 ingredients are needed to make these bad boys. It's super easy and fun to eat.
Other than our Keto Banana Bread, the highest requested recipe is our Keto Ice Cream. My personal favorite flavor is a mix between the Dolce Foglia keto vanilla and strawberry flavors!
No matter the flavor, Dolce Foglia Flavors are 4-8 times stronger than our most flavors on the market, meaning they pack a potent and juicy punch in a variety of appetizing ways!
The secret ingredient to this yummy keto dessert is the sweetened condensed milk.
Are most ice creams keto?
Most ice creams are most definitely not keto. I promise you, if you eat a pint of ice cream then you will be hurting and will not be feeling clean and keto.
Is keto ice cream really keto?
Yes. 100%. The beauty of this recipe is that each serving is only a total net carbs of 3 grams. I was surprised by this number because it's so rich and tasty.
The second amazing fact about this recipe is that you don't need an ice cream maker for this recipe.
Keto Ice Cream Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Flavoring
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Powdered Allulose
- 1/4 cup Mct oil or Mct Powder (Optional)
Mct...I know, sounds funny. But this ingredients helps soften the ice cream, otherwise the ice cream wants to harden. One factor to keep in mind though is when adding the MCT Oil make sure to stir diligently!
How to Make Vanilla Keto Ice Cream
- Melt butter in a sauce pan, add heavy cream and powdered sweetener
- Cook this for a little while on a low simmering heat
- You'll know it's finished once the liquid thickens to become condensed milk
- Whisk in the Mct Oil and Vanilla flavoring
- Whisk in the heavy cream now which will obviously make it nice a creamy !
- Optional - If you want to get creative - throw in some shredded almonds, strawberries and blueberries
- FREEZE your ice cream to have the most delicious keto dessert
What are the healthy facts for Keto Ice Cream?
For this low carb ice cream, it's primarily fat oriented but its the healthy kind.
- Calories - 347
- Net Carbs - 3g
- Fat - 36g
- Protein - 2g
How to Store Keto Ice Cream
Just like any old ice cream - store in the freezer. If it comes out hardened, just leave out in room temperature for a few minutes to melt a bit and soften.
- Large to medium size sauce pan
If you love keto desserts and need more recipes, please check out this blog about Keto Banana bread...it's to die for.