If you're looking for an economical dessert, please check out this recipe for gluten free banana with banana extract.
People are often confused on whether this dessert is a cake or a bread, clearly by it's name it's a bread, BUT it's so delicious that we should just pretend that it's a cake!
It's a real treat for friends and family and greatly enjoyed and savored with a nice cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. Be sure to use very ripe bananas, which contribute significant sweetness.
Ingredients for Gluten Free Banana Bread (enough for 10 slices)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup honey or granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- salt, a pinch
- ⅓ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of banana extract
- Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mash the bananas until smooth.
Add the baking soda to the mashed bananas.
Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
Stir in the sugar or honey, salt, eggs, vanilla extract & banana extract.
- Mix in the gluten free flour
Spray a 4 x 8 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour bread batter into a greased 4 X 8 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container.