Alright, alright - let's be honest. Diets suck. What's the loophole here you ask? Well, believe it or not, we're popping out some tasty Blueberry Keto Scones that when all finished are tender, moist, full of cranberries. Perfect for a holiday brunch or a weekend snack paired with a hot cup of coffee. Low carb scones are must-make for your upcoming holiday cravings.
Sometimes when I'm dieting, my cravings for delectable baked sweets skyrockets - here a solution to this long standing problem that I have. The beauty of this recipe is that you can modulate the flavors and sweetness so they melt in your mouth just the way you like it.
Haven't you ever wanted to remorselessly eat scones on the daily? Well here is your opportunity with this absolutely delicious keto scone recipe - *cough cough* remember to share!
As long as you follow the directions this should be a scone walk. Don't let the amount of ingredients intimidate you. They're scared of you, they know that you're about to devour them. The beauty of diy baking is that the end result is really inexpensive and totally worth the bite and your friends/families reactions.
- Almond flour - I tend to use almond flour in most of my baking recipes.
- Coconut flour - Adding in coconut flour balances the oiliness of the almond flour.
- Stevia Extract -A go-to baking substitute for regular sugar.
- Collagen - Collagen in baking adds elasticity which adds great texture.
- Baking Powder - Needed to help the scones rise during baking.
- Heavy Cream - The cream adds a nice subtle richness.
- Egg - This is one major component of binding together all the ingredients.
- Butter - I tend to just use salted butter when baking. It balances the sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract - You always have to have a bit of vanilla when baking!
- Fresh cranberries - Having fresh cranberries or frozen fresh cranberries is the key! You can see mine are still a little frosty from the freezer. It is totally fine to use frozen cranberries in this recipe.
- Orange zest - You can also use orange extract as well.
How To Make Keto Scones
Once you realize how easy this keto scone recipe is you're never going to want to stop! Find out how simple and easy it can be to make homemade scones asap!
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step Two: Add the dry ingredients to the food processor. Pulse until thoroughly mixed. Add the wet ingredients (cream, egg, butter, flavors, and molasses).
Step Three: Pulse until crumbs form. Process until the dough comes together into a ball. This can take a minute or two.
Step Four: Add in the cranberries and pulse until some are chopped. You want some chopped and some whole. Stir them in more with a spoon if needed.
Step Five: Press the dough into a circle on the baking sheet.
Step Six: Cut into 8 slices. Spread them out evenly for breathing space.
Step Seven: Bake for 40 minutes until you can see that the body golden and firm.
Side Note: If the scones start to get too dark cover them with foil (check them after 15-20 minutes). Cool completely.
Step Eight: Combine your glaze ingredients and place in a small bowl. Whisk thoroughly so that it's smooth and creamy. Add your Orange extract.
Step Nine: Drizzle the orange glaze on the cooled keto scones.
If you want to cheat a bit on the Keto, throw some whip cream on top of the scones! 😛
For a low-carb keto pancake recipe, check out this blog.
No matter the flavor, Dolce Foglia Flavors are 4-8 times stronger than our most flavors on the market, meaning they pack a potent and juicy punch in a variety of appetizing ways!