5 Things to Consider When Creating a New Vape Product
Vaping has understandably become a popular way to consume cannabis as more and more states legalize both medical and recreational use. Compared to smoking cannabis, vaping is less harsh, but gives the user the same benefit of immediate onset. This is a real advantage for certain users—for example, cancer patients using cannabis to counteract nausea caused by chemotherapy. If you’re looking to add vape products to your brand, here are some things you should think about as develop them.
- Know the regulations for your market: While vaping products are in demand, they have also become heavily scrutinized in recent years, due to an unfortunate rash of vaping-related illness in 2019. Feeling that flavored vaping products were largely targeted at younger users, many jurisdictions have limited or banned their sale. Currently, California is not among the states that have banned the sale of flavored cannabis vaping products, but before you invest time and money in developing a new product, make sure you know what’s allowed—and what might not be.
- Safety first: The majority of the illnesses cited above were caused by illicit vaping products sold outside the legal market, but that only underscores the need to be certain that you’re working with reputable suppliers and experienced manufacturers when you’re developing your products.
- THC or CBD?: THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol), while both found in cannabis, have very different effects. THC is the psychoactive substance that produces the “high” associated with cannabis, while CBD is non-psychoactive. Depending on the effect consumers are looking for from your product, you may want to include more or less of one or the other, so know what your goal is.
- Choose the delivery method: Chances are, you’re not creating a proprietary type of vape pen. If you want to manufacture cartridges, you’ll reach a wider audience if you use a standard 510-thread cartridge. An alternative is to produce cannabis oil that your customers can use to refill their own vape cartridges. Either way, give some thought to which end product will net you the greatest number of potential customers.
- Make it stand out with exceptional flavor: Once you’ve created a high-quality, easy-to-use product, the way to make it truly unique is to give it a great flavor. After all, the market doesn’t lack for vape cartridges with cloying, artificial flavors or frankly weird flavor choices. Pick something delicious and you’ll hook your customers two ways—with quality and with taste.
Dolce Foglia is your partner in producing truly superior cannabis products. We don’t just stock the best flavorings in the business—we design them. If you can imagine it, we can create it. Our expert team not only works with you to get your flavors just right, but also gives you the guidance through production to make sure the end result is exactly what you dreamed of. To find out how we can make your products extraordinary, contact us today.